Named after the mesmerising acoustic effects in the Central Library’s reading room to describe the next phase of the incredible work staged in the library during Everything Everything’s residency, Chaos to Order in November, Brighter Sound are delighted to present Chaos to Order: Echo Trace, bringing the most creative aspects of the programme and more to Manchester’s Branch Libraries.
Activities will launch in February at Beswick, Longsight, North Manchester, Withington and Wythenshawe libraries.
Like ‘Chaos to Order’, Echo Trace will combine a number of artistic disciplines and reach out to different age groups and interests. Activity will be open for involvement as well as creating fantastic works in each library.
- Brighter Sound will work in libraries across Manchester to create lasting artistic projects tying in to the theme Chaos to Order
- All work produced will connect into a special final event at Central Library
- The project aims to bring communities together to explore and celebrate local libraries.
- Work will include photography, literature, art, sound, music and much more.
- Projects will take place at libraries in North Manchester, Longsight, Withington, Wythenshawe and Beswick.
- Projects will be delivered by cutting edge Manchester artists and creative organisations including The Owl Project, The Noise Upstairs, and Inna Voice from Young Identity, musician Denis Jones, author Emma Jane Unsworth and spoken word artist Shirley May.