A 12-week business accelerator programme for women and marginalised genders looking to launch and grow their own businesses within the music industry.
Delivered in partnership with Digital Advantage, this hands-on learning and development programme is designed to empower the business leaders of the future, support people to get their ideas off the ground, and inspire entrepreneurs to influence, shape and make a difference to the music industry.
Over 12 weekly sessions starting on Wed 12 May, you will:
- Test and build your business idea, and explore routes to market
- Learn how to develop, manage, lead and grow your business
- Learn how to develop your own digital business proposition, complete with website, brand, social media and marketing plan
- Receive 1:1 mentoring support to help you in your next steps
- Build a supportive network and create connections with other people working across the industry that will have long-term professional benefits
- Develop your confidence and ambition
The programme will feature inspirational business leaders including Naomi Timperley, Sarah Knight and Tina Boden. Together they’ll deliver sessions on a range of topics including building confidence, pitching, personal branding and digital storytelling.
Who it’s for
We’re looking for committed and determined people with business ideas that will have an impact on the music industry. You may already be self-employed or have registered your business. The programme is also open to budding entrepreneurs that haven’t yet made that leap but are serious about taking the next steps.
Our Both Sides Now initiative aims to address the gender gap, and the regional divide, within the music industry. For this reason this opportunity is only open to:
- Women and marginalised genders – we use an inclusive definition of the words ‘women’ and ‘female’, welcoming participants who may identify as non-binary, gender non-conforming, cis-gendered, or trans people who are comfortable in a space that centres the experiences of women
- People who are based in, or have strong links to, the North of England (by the ‘North’ we mean the North East, North West and Yorkshire regions)
- People aged 18+ (there is no upper age limit)
- Hosted online via Zoom
- Sessions will take place every Wednesday between 12 May and 28 July 2021
- Session time: 9.30am-11am
- You’ll also receive 6 x 1:1 mentoring sessions which will be arranged on an individual basis
Please only apply if you can commit to all of the above dates and times.
How to apply
Please complete either a written, video or audio application form* by Wed 21 Apr, midnight.
*If you have any specific access needs relating to the application process or the sessions themselves, please let us know. You can contact us by calling 0161 546 5334 (leave a message and we will get back to you) or emailing email@example.com
If you have any other questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This programme is made possible by Arts Council England’s Transforming Leadership fund.