- This event has passed.
Brighter Sound presents two new group guitar courses with Noel Maher at Band on the Wall.
Always thought about learning guitar but not sure if it’s for you? Put off by expensive lessons fees? This five week beginner guitar course is designed to give you an affordable and accessible ‘taster’ of the wonderful world of the guitar.
There will be two groups:
- Beginners: for those who are completely new to the guitar
- Beginners Continued: for those who have already taken the beginners course or those who have some experience and want to brush-up their guitar skills
Both beginner guitar groups are sociable, accessible and a great way into music.
In just five one hour group sessions, Brighter Sound’s experienced and supportive guitar tutor Noel Maher will take you through some of the basics of popular guitar, and show you that learning to play can be a fun and rewarding experience!
Starting from the ground up, this course will cover everything you need to start playing some great tunes within just a week or two including:
- How the guitar works.
- Simple melodies and fingering.
- How to read guitar TAB (guitar-specific music notation)
- Basics of chords and strumming.
Don’t own a guitar? Don’t worry – Band On The Wall and Brighter Sound can provide guitars for use during lessons. Please let us know if you need to borrow one for the lesson.
Additional event information
Full course dates: Course 1 – Fri: 25 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23 Oct. Course 2 – Fri: 6, 13, 20, 27 Nov. 4 Dec.
Times: One hour sessions available from 6:30pm (Complete beginners) and 7:30pm (Beginners continued