We’re really excited to announce the first event in our Open Artist Series – a programme that offers practical and artistic support for emerging musicians.
Taking place on 22 March in central Manchester, the day will be useful, inspiring and informal – a chance to meet and talk to other emerging musicians, established artists and industry professionals. Together you’ll be able to explore practical ways to sustain a music career, with a focus on artistic identity and wellbeing.
This event is for you if:
- You are at the beginning of, or are about to begin, a professional or semi-professional music career
- You are passionate about developing your career without compromising your artistic integrity
- You are interested in how other artists look after their wellbeing
- You would benefit from connecting with other musicians in your position
- You would benefit from professional advice and support from established artists and industry bodies
Hear from and chat to:
And representatives from:
- Arts Council England
- BPI (British Phonographic Industry)
- PRS (Performing Rights Society)
- Help Musicians UK
- Hey! Manchester
Followed by a chance to network and socialise.
Tickets are £5 and include lunch.
The Open Artist Series is part of a three-year programme supported by Help Musicians UK. Through a series of events, mentoring opportunities and showcases, it will support emerging musicians to make a career in music – encouraging and enabling them to become innovators in their own careers, and active contributors to a fairer and more sustainable music industry.