We’re looking for a committed, hard-working and ambitious musician aged between 18-25 to complete a Gold Arts Award with Brighter Sound, with a direct link to the creative industries and the chance to develop the skills needed to pursue a career in the arts.
If you want to grow as an artist, get real experience in the arts world and run your own project from beginning to end – this could be the opportunity for you!
What is Gold Arts Award?
- A nationally recognised Level 3 qualification (worth 16 UCAS points)
- The opportunity to develop as an artist, and as an arts leader
- A great way to improve your CV and increase your employability
What will it involve?
You’ll have a direct connection to creative, digital and media companies in Manchester (including ITV, The E Word, Studio Liddell and Markettiers), a network of arts organisations and other young creators completing the Gold Arts Award.
Working at Gold Arts Award level will help you to develop your creativity, communication, planning, teamwork and leadership skills, and progress to the next stage of your life – whether that’s higher education or a career as a producer or manager.
You’ll be supported by a member of the Brighter Sound team to complete the qualification, which is made up of two parts:
1. Personal arts development – extend your knowledge and skills as an artist, explore the professional arts world and form a view on an arts issue.
2. Leadership of an arts project – you’ll take charge of running an arts project, build your skills as an effective leader and share your project with a public audience.
As well as developing yourself as an artist and running your own project, you’ll also have access to Brighter Sound’s expertise, our network of music professionals, as well as the opportunity to use our equipment and space.
To find out more about Gold Arts Award check out their website.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Aged between 18-25
- Able to commit to around 150 hours (90 hours of guided learning, 60 hours of independent learning) over the next year
- Available for a career and induction session on Saturday 17 Feb
We are particularly interested in working with someone who is not considering higher education.
If you think this might be for you please contact Lucy Wallace at email@example.com or 0161 830 3975 by Friday 2 February, 5pm.
Delivered in partnership with Curious Mind’s Talent Pipeline project, connecting arts organisations with the creative industries to broaden young people’s employment opportunities through Gold Arts Award. Brighter Sound is supported by Youth Music.