Manchester Music City
Manchester Music City is a partnership made up of industry professionals and organisations from across Manchester’s music landscape.
We're the sector lead for Manchester Music City.
Manchester Music City is all about:
- Helping the Manchester music sector grow and strengthen
- Supporting the collaborative and diverse music scenes within the city
- Using key international events to connect the city globally
Manchester Music City is proud to be part of the international Music Cities Network, a network of global cities working together to harness the power of music and the music industries.
Our role as sector lead means that:
- We are the main point of contact for our partners in Manchester, across the UK and internationally
- We organise meetings with an inclusive Steering Group to make sure that any decisions are made with the most up-to-date industry knowledge from across Manchester
- We help to connect music projects in Manchester to contacts and funding opportunities. For example, through Manchester Music City we're proud to have supported the development of SEEN magazine
Manchester Music Economy Research
In 2022 Nordicity and Sound Diplomacy were commissioned to undertake a review of the city’s economic landscape, looking at the needs and opportunities of the music sector in Manchester.
Want to know more?
Take a look at the Manchester Music City website.
The initiative is headed up by our Director Debra King. If you're interested in finding out more, feel free to drop her a message.