- This event has passed.
Practical, creative and inspiring training for emerging facilitators, early-career practitioners, or any musician interested in finding out more about creative and inclusive music facilitation.
This full day workshop will give you lots of practical resources, tools and processes to help give you confidence in facilitating music workshops that will truly benefit and engage a range of client groups.
We will look at a few simple principles and approaches that can support you to:
- Tailor your own musical skills and ideas to any group
- Ensure that you’re facilitating work that the group will love
- Make use of and work within the Youth Music Quality Framework
- Feel confident when working with different client groups
We will also develop a session checklist that’ll make sure that you and anyone involved in the workshop are safe whilst also making them fun and effective.
- Phill Howley, professional musician, producer and specialist in music engagement in challenging circumstances.
- Joe Harrison, professional musician, creative education consultant, specialist in creative music facilitation and co-founder of the Slow Education movement.
Date: Thu 21 Feb 2019
Venue: LEAF on Portland Street